Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Fake Congratulations Indeed!

When I mentioned my promotion, I said that I knew fake congratulations would be coming. Well, I did not lie!

The one worth mentioning the most is the Black, female executive who was trying to block my promotion. She couldn't look me in the eyes. This was even funnier because I'm one of those people who makes strong eye contact. I have to remind myself to look away because I sometimes look people right in the eyes until they get uncomfortable. Well, this chick was squirming. And, I was staring...probably not even blinking.

She looked at the floor...

She looked to my left...

She looked to my right...

all while telling me that I was the logical choice and she was rooting for me the whole time and she loves what I bring to the table and she is just sooooooooooooooooooooooooo soooooooooooooooooo happy that I was selected because I had a lot to give as far as mentoring, etc.

It was ridiculous. And it was pathetic.

I would have respected her more if she didn't say anything at all or if she just said, "congratulations," and just kept it moving.

If you're speaking to someone and they know you're lying, what's the point?

Anyway, now she's my best friend. And, let me tell you how good she is...

She was speaking to me one day like we were childhood friends. For a second, one hot second, this woman made me forget everything. I was like, "Damn she's good!"

I have to stay on my toes with this one.

Anyway, I'm going to my job to the best of my abilities knowing that she will take the first opportunity she gets to screw me over.

I will not give her any ammunition! And, I will not let my guard down.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you. What's most pathetic is it's a BLACK woman doing that to you! I'm having the same problem, except at my job, she's actually from Africa. You have to wonder where the hateration comes from.

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary you are a fascinatingly talented "blogger" and I derived great comfort from your blog during a real life or death struggle. I hope all who see this are those smart enough to see the "black factor" in any business is simply intelligence over stupid egotistical shitty stink cause I'm so not racially black but I'm fair and all about fair- and I took heart at your espoused "art of war" intelligence and real talent at the literate use of a blog. You inspire me and I consider you a real hero.

Viva la fairness, mary kick em where it counts w your analytical intelligence! You rock!

3:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and ps: as my "black" friend succinctly said, "you bitchslapped one of the biggest companies in the usa, hooker". Yes I did- I won on the "" factor- all you who think you run my guinea azz- I have taken the time to fight unfair over and over- especially bigotry and mistreatment of the mentally ill in healthcare- hope all will join me always- all it took was a well-written letter and willingness to show up and testify- I hate unfairity (my made up term for asshole shaudenfreude cruelty and I tell you I kicked it out for myself and youwere a "friend" when I needed one. Kick azz, I hope to always do! Your friend, also named mary.

4:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay vigilant! Don’t let your down! Don't trust! Watch your back!

9:12 PM  
Anonymous John Papers said...

"Great Post!
John.."

1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counters
Toshiba Computers
Blogarama - The Blog Directory <