Monday, January 04, 2010

New Year...Same Old Bull!

No posts came from me recently because I had yet another problem to deal with at work.

This time, some chicks were engaged in unethical and illegal behavior on the job and they got caught doing what they were doing. And, they got caught because I was doing my job and informed management. So, to get revenge on me...one of these women (Hispanic) decided to get her friends at the job in on her little plot to get back at everyone she perceived as doing her dirty in the workplace. Of course, I was on that list.

So, lo and behold, I am brought into a meeting with several members of management and I am asked whether I am involved in the unethical and illegal behavior and whether or not I was engaged in a cover-up AND whether or not I was aware that other workers were doing the same thing. This questioning was all due to intentionally false and malicious allegations from minority workers against me--a Black woman.

After hearing me speak quite eloquently, professionally, and sincerely, I was completely exonerated and the corporate office was informed that I had absolutely nothing to do with the activities going on. The allegations were lies!

I went point-by-point against all the false allegations. This isn't true because x,y, and z. This isn't true and you can confirm that by looking at the cameras, etc.

They almost got your girl, but not quite. This chicks comrades (that's what I call them) were even asking me after the fact if I was still being "investigated" and if anything "ongoing" was happening to me behind the scenes. They were doing that pretending to be concerned for me. But, my questions were "What are you talking about?" and "What meeting was I in?" The entire thing was confidential. So, how did they know? They were the ones involved, likely. Or, their good friends were and sent them to probe me.

It was wild to hear them digging for information that would lead them to believe there was still a chance I would be fired. I told them, "It's over."

And, then I laughed.

And, I laughed and smiled the rest of the day and I extended my hours for the day just to prove that I wasn't done in by the likes of them.

But, I have to tell you, I almost decided to quit writing this blog. I am so sick of those of us who are ignorant crabs in a barrel. All some of us want to do is drag each other down.

If you know you are doing something that can cost you your job, and you get caught...why not take it like a man? Sit in the big boy or big girl chair. Take your lumps!

But, no!

The fact that up to 6 people co-signed onto these allegations and even wrote statements full of lies is extremely disheartening and frustrating. I am so glad I don't know exactly who said what, although I have my suspicions.

I am literally writing off most of that job!!

However, I refuse to let ignorant crabs in a barrel stop what I am trying to do with this blog, which is to be a positive resource for folks and to share some of the horror stories from myself and others. Those who are under attack always feel alone and that no one has any idea what they are being subjected to and how it feels. This blog is about realizing you are not alone!

Again, I will not stop blogging in 2010.

That is my resolution.

Sorry, I had to vent.

But, like Arnold Schwartzenegger said as the Terminator...

I'LL BE BACK!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be strong my sister - let us out here in cyberspace know how we can support your valiant struggles and efforts...yes it gets sickening and is very tiring and lonely...look at the relentless and hateful vitriol thrown gleefully at Obama and you realize that yes you have toget your rest and drink some water but there are still miles to go...I remain your supporter...now lets keep taking it to them John Shaft/Vonetta Mcgee style...

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing and not giving up. With all the pertinent information you have graced us with, it is only fair for us to be a listening ear when you need to vent :). You have demonstrated the results of having good documentation and work ethic together...the ability to walk away with a smile and a clear conscience.

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Drue Ferguson said...

It is about time you vent! Carry the wt. of your readers and working
around blind goats! I look forward
everyday to reading your words...you help to save my life..
So I'm here for you!
Drue Ferguson Sr.

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you vent. I am glad you share your experience with us. Please don’t stop blogging. Your blog is the only source of solace & comfort for me. I used to feel so alone before I discovered your blog. I have no one else to talk to about discrimination at work. I am so grateful to you & your bog.

Now you’ve proved that you were innocent, can you instead go on the attack? Defamation case against the perpetrators perhaps?

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please do not give up the blog! You've been so helpful to many but I can only vouch for myself. I look forward to reading your blog daily. I was faced with enormous discrimination at a previous job and is now awaiting trial. Without the advice and information you gave in your blogs, there is no way I would have known the steps to take to adequately prepare for what I'm going through. Staty strong and know that you are blessing to many.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counters
Toshiba Computers
Blogarama - The Blog Directory <