Friday, October 30, 2009

Tell Us...

So, here's a question in honor of Halloween:

WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FUNNIEST OR MOST BIZARRE EXCHANGES WITH RACIST GHOULS AND GOBLINS IN THE WORKPLACE?

For me, it's some of the ignorant and memorable questions I've been asked like:
--Why isn't your hair curly like xyz's (bi-racial)?

--Why do Black people use hair grease?

--Do Black people tan?

--Have you ever been shot?

--Is that real leather? Is that real jade? etc. (questioning the authenticity of what I am wearing)

--Do you live in "the hood"?

Okay, so what about you? What stands out in your mind? Post a comment on this thread.

HAVE A HAPPY HOWL-OWEEN!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that real leather? Is that real jade? etc. (questioning the authenticity of what I am wearing)

I have dealing with this for the past five years with a particular hispanic female co-worker. Anytime, I come to work with any new clothing including shoes, she wants to know if the material is authentic(e.g.touching and feeling), where I buy it and how much did it cost. I can tell it annoys her that I have nice things. It got really bad when she found out that I was about to purchase my first home(I'm the only one who owns her own home, besides our manager). I mean, she doesn't behave this way with the other woman(who are non-black), when they acquire something nice. The focus seems to be primarily on me and what I have.


I'm the only black woman in my department and I'm young. I just feel like I'm under constant scrutiny by her and the other females I work with.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am currently going through a racial discriminatin claim-my supervisor (white male) made a negative comment to me/about "Monkeys".
Of course the company is backing him but I have strong evidence of his racial slur so I will have to keep you posted

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counters
Toshiba Computers
Blogarama - The Blog Directory <