Friday, May 02, 2008

Update: Reporting and Documenting the Pro-Discrimination Conference Call

A short post at the end of the week to update you on what’s happened regarding the conference call I mentioned on Monday. The call promoted discrimination/segregation of work. I will remind you that my coworker asked me to stay out of the situation, since I was not on the phone call. I will also remind you that my coworkers do not want to go to EEOC at this time. Anyway, here’s what’s happened:

1. My coworker documented the call, including who specifically said what about the intentional discrimination and segregation of work assignments;

2. My coworker conducted research into anti-discrimination laws;

3. My coworker wrote a memo to our supervisor, which included the specifics of what happened, strong language regarding how offensive the call was (including statements made by White coworkers and our supervisor), and highlights of Federal law and company policy, which state that discrimination is illegal and that segregation of work is illegal—with examples from the EEOC;

4. My coworker asked for an official explanation for the discriminatory conduct being promoted/encouraged;

5. My coworker asked for an official phone conversation about her memo and concerns; and

6. My coworker followed that up with a memo to the Regional Director of our group. She explained what happened and that the policy was illegal. She asked for a copy of the official policy on transitioning work, in writing.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counters
Toshiba Computers
Blogarama - The Blog Directory <