Thursday, February 08, 2007

Black on Black Discrimination

There was a recent post on this site that spoke about same race discrimination and talked about how Federal law treats discrimination and other violations the same—regardless of the race of the victim and the perpetrator.

So, it was funny, when I spoke to an ex-coworker last night, who was complaining about the President/CEO of the company he is resigning from—today! The President/CEO is a Black woman, but, apparently, she refuses to put Black people into the highest level positions.

In fact, she preferred promoting a Hispanic into the company’s CFO job, even though female staff made complaints about his “very hands on” approach to business and even though there were complaints about his fiscal accounting (read: he had shady math). I’m told none of this mattered. The President/CEO wasn’t putting a Black person into that type of job because she had problems “trusting us.” In other words, she had trouble trusting Black workers and senior managers.

I’ve been told that her biggest business accounts were found and won by a Black man! So, her mistrust is based on what?

Yes, some of us, even business owners and executives, have issues! This example reinforces that Blacks (and others) can intentionally discriminate against their own race.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there,I appreciate your sharing of this experience. I, myself have filed a Discrimination case against my former employer, and sadly one of the primary witnesses for my case is the testimony of a black woman, who felt that I was shunning and avoiding her, by not asking her to watch the dashboard. In 2017, I was terminated for not looking my executive director in the eye,this was stated to me verbally, a white woman, who was neither speaking during this meeting nor engaged in one on one conversation with me; come now 2020 ... they're trying to say that I didn't look the director a black woman, in the eye. Their attorney asked me did I feel she was a racist as well, and I answered yes and I'm not surprised to see I'm not alone in this plight. Thanks for your blog, and for shedding a light on what some would think as incredulous, a black person discriminating against a black person.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counters
Toshiba Computers
Blogarama - The Blog Directory <