Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Radio Hosts Call Senator Obama a "Halfrican"!

Some White people think they are absolutely clever and devilishly funny, when it comes to making insensitive comments about Blacks. It should not come as a surprise that the very ignorant radio host, Rush Limbaugh, called Senator Barack Obama a “Halfrican.” This happened on January 24th, when Limbaugh said:

“Hey, Barack Obama has picked up another endorsement: Halfrican American actress Halle Berry. "As a Halfrican American, I am honored to have Ms. Berry's support, as well as the support of other Halfrican Americans," Obama said.”

Of course, Senator Obama never made the comment. So, why is the Senator called a “Halfrican”? Well, his father is Kenyan and his mother is White—and from Kansas!

Limbaugh is not the first White radio host to refer to Barack Obama that way. In December, on San Francisco radio station KSFO's Sussman, Morgan & Vic show, Hosts Brian Sussman and Melanie Morgan also used the term. So, this is the best the right-wingers have to offer?

The idiot, Sussman said:

"In my opinion -- 'cause my opinion is your average white guy," Obama "is not allowed to wear the African-American badge because his family are not the descendants of slaves, OK? He can't identify with the discrimination and the slavery and all of that that's gone into these black families for generations. I get offended and I know I have many black friends who get offended when he stands in front of that black audience talking like he's from the hood, born and raised, and ... can identify with all of their issues. He can't!”

It’s extremely easy to prove the fallacies in this idiot’s arguments:

--When you look at Senator Obama, you see a Black man. A regular, everyday looking Black man. You do not see someone who looks, stereotypically, like an African. Therefore, in his day-to-day life, people will respond to Senator Obama the same way they would respond to most Black men. They would not see him as an “immigrant” or the son of an immigrant! How would anyone look at the Senator and say, “Oh, he’s clearly not descended from slaves, so let me show him some respect!" It’s the same thing with Tiger Woods. If you just glance at him in the streets, he’d be just another Black man and not the Black/Asian phenomenon from the sport of golf.

--Barack Obama, the man, can’t identify with discrimination? Are you kidding me? Why the hell not? Is someone, in America, going to look at him and say, “Boy, if you weren’t an African/White combo, I’d deny you entry into my neighborhood!” That’s insane. Blacks are not the only ones discriminated against in this country. You have Asians, Africans, Hispanic/Latinos, Muslims, homosexuals, etc. being discriminated against all the time. Regardless of his racial background, Senator Obama can definitely identify with discrimination.

--Someone please tell me when Senator Obama has spoken as though he were from “the hood.” I have yet to hear him say anything remotely reminiscent of, “When I was talkin’ to the Prime Minister, old dude had me tight! Son, he was trippin’.” I’ve also never heard the Senator claim to be “tight” because he couldn’t get some Pretty Ricky concert tickets for his nieces!

If I were Mr. Limbaugh, up on a high-horse and attacking everyone, yet found to be abusing pain medicine (for which I did not have a prescription), I wouldn’t be throwing stones at anyone. As for the other idiots, I guess it shows that Senator Obama is doing something right. If these people had any real criticism of him, I think we’d have heard something much better by now! So, let’s go through the Senators flaw—one more time—on behalf of the White, right-wing population:

--He’s only been a Senator for 2 years!
--His father is a Muslim!
--His middle name is Hussein!
--He went to school in Indonesia!
--His mother is White! (They should just come out and say it, instead of focusing on his father.)
--He’s not African-American-ish enough!

I knew the Senator would have people tripping, but they are losing their minds—and arguments—faster than I anticipated. Anyway…

If you feel like emailing Mr. Limbaugh, you can reach him at: rush@eibnet.com
If you feel like emailing Brian Sussman, you can reach him at: briansussman2@yahoo.com

Source: http://mediamatters.org

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was raised in Harlem and have no idea what the language you just used, representative of what a more 'hoodish' Obama, would sound like, means.

Don't guess I need to know, but...

12:17 PM  
Blogger S. Mary Wills said...

onetwoseven: I was born and raised in Flatbush, Brooklyn. I was making light of what a hoodish Obama would sound like to a White person...not trying to write a literal representation of so-called hood/ghetto/urban, etc. speech. But, surely, you've heard someone refer to something making them "tight" as in angry, pissed, aggravated, etc. or to call someone "Son," instead of the oldschool "dawg" or call someone "old dude," etc. or to hear someone say they were "trippin'" as in bugging out, etc. It was all thrown together to sound more like stereotypical "jive" talk and not REAL "hoodish" language. But, hey, what can I say about you not knowing those terms except... IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YOU KNOW! ha-ha

6:34 PM  
Blogger Mitch said...

I wish I could say that I can't believe these folks would be so stupid and blatant, but I think it's going to get worse for Senator Obama before it gets better, unfortunately.

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Halfrican" is not a racist term, is just describing who he is: half African (Kenyan), and half European. Everybody knows this.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counters
Toshiba Computers
Blogarama - The Blog Directory <