Wednesday, August 09, 2006

READER SHARES WEAK/DISPARATE SALARY OFFER

I received this email anonymously: I went on an IT interview for a major company, nationally and internationally known. The hourly rate in the lower tier of my profession is $40 hr. I was offered $20 dollars an hour. I refused the position.

From the blogger: Smart move! I don't know under what conditions it's appropriate to take half the salary you are able to command based on your profession. They didn't even offer you the minimum for the position. That's just hard core! What about our other readers? Please post your experiences with salary inequities or other disparities you’ve experienced at work. Or, send an email to blackonthejob@yahoo.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counters
Toshiba Computers
Blogarama - The Blog Directory <