Monday, October 31, 2011

Talk About Asking For It!

If you know you've been performing below standards but management doesn't have enough to fire you, why would you engage in behavior that dances on the fine line between remaining employed--in a bad economy-and getting fired?

A Black coworker did just that and is now crying to get her job back and has to argue wrongful termination. But, all she had to do is come to work and do her job and go home. What she did was butt into another coworker's busness and pull a "prank" on another coworker. They'd been arguing and she took sides. That prank was all the bosses needed to show her the door.

Yes, they exaggerated the situation and they know it. But, she touched company property and that sounds egregious and reads that way on paper. Plus, she's been denied unemployment!!!

Was it worth it? No! But, some of us can't help falling into traps or making our own. Please remain focused, if you know you are a target and worry about yourself. Force your employer to go out of their way to do you harm, which could help you prove mistreatment or a hostile work environment. Don't walk around with a bad attitude. Fake it. Leave on your own terms and stop giving management ammunition. Be smart. Think before you do anything. Ask yourself, "does this help me or hurt me?"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Angela said...

This is great information. I have a supervisor who has been through the ropes. She is doing and saying anything to get management to come after her for some reason. I am not on of the gossiping or gossipers at work like most of the people are on a regular basis. But I do know that due to the type of assistant director, who micro manages her employees and has pulled all types of things to trigger people to violate policy to justify what she is doing behind closed doors. She is a racist to the bones. Most of the black people are targets at my place of employment. But I am smart. I come to work on time, go and come back for lunch on time and leave on time. Most of all mind my own business, so management cannot touch me with a ten foot pole. Your blogs have educated me alot on things I never knew about or happened on the job. I have read all of the from the beginning to the present. Please continue to post. I has really made a difference and help me to handle any type of harasssing or discriminating situation that I have or will face at my place of employment. You are a strong source of encouragement by posting The Black Factor Blogs.

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Angela said...

When are gonna post more blogs. I look forward to reading each day if it is possible for you to post.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counters
Toshiba Computers
Blogarama - The Blog Directory <