Tuesday, January 26, 2010

R.I.P. Cookie: 1992 - 2010

My dog has been very ill and has gone to the big dog run in the sky. I will not be posting today, since I'm still mourning the loss. I got my dog, Cookie, when I was 22 years old and she was about 1 week old. I'm months away from turning 40. 18 years is a long time to spend with a dog.

Thanks, Cookie, for all of the good times and companionship over the years. You really were my road dog, traveling everywhere with me in my car. We had some good times...even though you were mean as heck! LOL

Anyway, for all dog owners out there, give your dog an extra hug today. You sure do miss them, when they're gone.

R.I.P. Cookie Nicole (yes, she had a middle name)

6 Comments:

Blogger SjP said...

Mary, so sorry to hear about Cookie. Our pets are part of our families making it ever so hard when one passes on. We've got a 200 lb lap dog and an exact opposite cat that's been a part of our family for years. Can't even imagine what it would be like without either one. My thoughts are with you.

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary, I am also sorry to hear of your loss. I don't know what I'd do without my little Maltese(Gracie). Dogs are very special creatures. God bless.

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary I am sorry about your loss....

4:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So very sorry about your loss. I know how important pets are to us all.

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary, I am so sorry about your loss.

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Drue said...

Mary, Please accept my condolence.
Drue

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counters
Toshiba Computers
Blogarama - The Blog Directory <