Friday, May 15, 2009

What Have You Learned That You Can Pass On To Other Black Workers?

After watching a friend and coworker be subjected to constructive termination (being forced to resign) by our employer based on discriminatory and retaliatory treatment, I was also subjected to retaliation. I believe that I learned from what I witnessed her go through and it helped me to document information that I wouldn't have previously thought to record.

My point in creating this blog was to pass on what she knew and what I have learned from both of our experiences. I believe that each one should teach one and each one should pull one, as the expression goes. I want everyone, who is battling racism at work, to be a step ahead of where we were. I want you to have better odds at vindicating your rights because you knew more sooner.

Each of us has to pass on what we've learned to other workers. By increasing our knowledge and providing each other with this form of support, we go a long way in helping to battle this insidious monster known as racism.

So, the question for those who've fought racism in the workplace is:

WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNED ABOUT FIGHTING WORKPLACE RACISM THAT WOULD BE HELPFUL FOR OTHER BLACK WORKERS TO KNOW?

If you've found a web site or some other source of information, let us know. If you've got some ideas about what to do and not to do--from your personal experience--let us know. If there is something you did to keep your sanity, tell us about it.

What would you like to pass on?

I'll publish your answers on the blog next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counters
Toshiba Computers
Blogarama - The Blog Directory <