Thursday, September 04, 2008

Have You Worked With a Sarah Palin?

After listening to White people attacking Sen. Obama for being unqualified to run for President, it isn’t shocking to see that White people have gone ahead and nominated a woman for Vice President, who is completely unqualified for the position. The nomination of Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin immediately reminded that there isn’t an unqualified White woman around who can’t be sold by other Whites as being the next best thing! Smart as a whip! The best person for the job! A great catch! Like most things, you can’t believe the hype.

Last night, at the Republican National Convention, Sarah Palin was praised for getting more votes running for mayor of Wasilla, Alaska than Joe Biden got running for President in the Democratic primaries.

Here are the facts: Governor Palin got 616 votes in the 1996 mayor's election, and got 909 in her 1999 re-election race, for a total of 1,525. Joe Biden dropped out of the race after the Iowa caucuses, but he still got 76,165 votes in 23 states and the District of Columbia where he was on the ballot during the 2008 presidential primaries.

Like I said, you can’t believe the hype. But, hype they will. In fact, she even hyped herself. She literally swore that being mayor of a town of 9,000 folks was more important and weighty than Sen. Obama being a Senator and serving on the Foreign Relations Committee. She even marginalized his work with Republicans such as Dick Lugar and Tom Coburn. But, that’s what Sarah Palins do, isn’t it?

I’m sure you’ve worked with one. I know I have. Here’s what I know about women I’ve worked with like Sarah Palin:

• Sarah Palins think they know everything.

• Sarah Palins think they’ve earned what they’ve been given and never see the hand-outs being doled out to them from management.

• Sarah Palins know how to get in good with the White people—I mean the right people—and they know how to milk those relationships for everything they’re worth.

• Sarah Palins know how to manipulate those around them and have no problems playing the damsel in distress in order to get their way or to turn people against other staff. Sarah Palins will cry in a heartbeat for sympathy and revenge!

• Sarah Palins will bully others and then preemptively accuse their victims of being mean, rude, disrespectful or unprofessional to them. They'll go directly to a director or manager and leave out every nasty thing they've said and done, while making all sorts of accusations against their target.

• Sarah Palins will demand apologies, while not saying sorry for a single offensive or issue they’ve caused.

• Sarah Palins always seem to move up rather quickly in the company because young, White, “talented,” and so-called attractive women like Sarah Palin often become a favorite of male and female members of management.

• Sarah Palins aren’t accountable for anything because Sarah Palin’s always have a “legitimate” excuse (read: cop out) for any problems they encounter in the workplace.

Missed a deadline? The Sarah Palin you work with will say someone else caused the problem, even though she was in charge and is responsible for project management.

Document sent out with typos in it? The Sarah Palin you work with will bomb you out and say you are solely responsible for quality control, even though she is project lead and despite the fact that she proofed the document before it was sent out.

Didn’t respond to a client email question? The Sarah Palin you work with will claim that you should have responded to the client and/or will blame you for not reminding her that she didn’t respond to the email, since you were cc’ed on the email. Sarah Palin will blame you, even though you don’t have that level of authority to respond on your own and she will blame you, even though she is an adult. It doesn't matter that the email was addressed to her, Sarah Palin will say it's your fault!

Now, of course, every White women isn’t Sarah Palin anymore than every Black woman should be stereotyped a certain way. But, I can tell you 100% that I’ve worked with more than my fair share of women like her. The next big thing. The great White hype.

Unqualified people come in all colors, but White unqualified staff and managers seem to thrive at a pretty perplexing level in the workplace. Because of their inexperience and lack of knowledge in their job (a REALLY serious problem if they are in a position of power and are managing other saff), these unqualified staff and managers may be more prone to violating Federal statutes prohibiting discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in the workplace. And, that's a serious problem.

Tomorrow, I’ll tell you a little about my Sarah Palins.

But, what about you? Is there or was there an unqualified White woman in your life, who caused all sorts of problems for you and/or your coworkers? Tell us about your Sarah Palin. Post a comment!

7 Comments:

Blogger Sandy Gholston said...

That was excellent. Well written and entertaining. Nice job.

3:07 PM  
Blogger SjP said...

Have I worked with a Sarah Palin? Oh yeah! In fact, I believe that I currently report to a Sarah Palin clone. I could go on and on - but, I have no doubt that your next post will say everything I need to say. Are you sure we don't work on the same side of the plantation? (smile)

9:55 PM  
Blogger Samuel Thompson said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I DID actually work with one, but it was a man...and while I could continue, it is safe to say that I fought back with the weapons that the world sometimes uses against me.

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes!! I work with a male Sarah Palin. He's not incompetent, but not as awesome as they make him out to be. Additionally, myself and a Sr. level person have about 4-5 yrs more experience --yet this Palin is being elevated beyond belief and taking lead roles, even in areas he has basic knowledge instead of the level needed to lead the role!! I try not to take it personally, but my office is geared towards young white males and they (and the mgmt) pretty much ignore us now and play each other up. The chest and self posturing would have to be seen to be believed...believe me--the resume is firing up, and I'm preparing my exit. Signed, competent, knowledgeable, assertive black female ignored from day 1.

8:30 AM  
Blogger BlackManStandingStrong said...

I am in middle management and I am working for one now and I need to know how to deal with her unprofessionalism and malcious and vindictive ways before I explode and find myself going off and out of a job.

1:00 PM  
Blogger BlackManStandingStrong said...

Forgot to add that things are so bad that I am doing everything in my power to avoid her however I can't continue to do that as it will eventually be seen as a performance issue for her.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counters
Toshiba Computers
Blogarama - The Blog Directory <